When The Heights Primary School, was first established, obtaining the initial approval from the Department for Education had been driven by the members of The Heights Primary Trust (and we’d like to say a huge thank you to the many others who have been involved along the way, as we couldn’t have done it without all your support, input and assistance).
Now many of the responsibilities of the school rest with the governing body and the Headteacher. We have set out the main responsibilities at the bottom of this section.
The governing body is tasked with implementing the vision of the Trust, and therefore sets the strategic aims and objectives of the school, and monitors progress made towards achieving those. Our Headteacher, Mrs Edwards, is responsible for implementing the strategic plan of the governing body, as well as the operational aspects involved in running a school.
Responsibilities of the Trust:
- Holding the governing body to account, to ensure that the objectives of the Trust are met;
- Delivering the best possible permanent site for the school;
- Appointing new governors where necessary;
- Ultimately responsible to the Department of Education for the correct use of public funds and provision of a quality level of education.
Responsibilities of the Governing Body:
- Implementing the vision of The Heights Primary Trust;
- Ensuring the quality of education provision;
- Challenging and monitoring the performance of the school, acting as a critical friend to the Headteacher;
- Managing the school’s finances and risks;
- Ensuring that the school is operated in line with its Funding Agreement and complies with charity and company law;
- Appointing staff and reviewing staff performance and pay, in conjunction with the Headteacher.